Achieving the goal
I sailed around the world alone, but without the endless hours of work my dad, family, friends & sponsors put in I could have never done it.
And so I see this project also, I believe we can run a successful Trust benefiting the youth of today greatly. But we will need some help to get it started.
Getting the build of the ship financed and started is priority number one - this is the one big thing we cannot do ourselves financially and time-wise.
The writing in green indicates the things that have been successfully ticked off.
- Research market & whether the project has a chance of survival with all the cost involved in setting it up and running the programs.
- Set up trust & website
- Find Naval Architect for calculations on design of the ship so costs can be determined.
- Find yard to build ship - under negotiation.
- start fundraisers, get word out into the world via presentations social media, interviews.
- Raise money for Casco ( bare hull)
- Raise Money for finishing build of the ship
- Raise money for costs of running trust
- Build casco of Ship
- Finish build of Ship
- We will start running the program on weekends, and school holidays - targeting the summer holidays for longer trips. However the ultimate goal will be to offer schooling onboard so students can join the ship for as long as wished for without missing out on their normal education.
Of course there are a million and one other little steps involved in this project, but these are the main lines.
"Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will"
How you can help:
- Share on Facebook
- Like and Subscribing on Youtube
- Make a donation on our gofundme page
- Tell your friends about us :)
- Make a donation into our trust funds:
Stg L Dekker World Sailing Foundation
ING BANK NV, PO Box 1800 , 1000 BV Amsterdam, Netherlands.
We need things like:We are looking for sponsors who are able to help us financially but also sponsors who can help us with the things we need like:
- Building materials: wood, expoxy, fiberglass, paints, ect.
- Mechanical gear for onboard like: winches, chain, anchor ect.
- Electrical & Electronics
- Ropes, shackles, tackles
- Lifejackets, foul weather gear, harnesses
We're looking for people who can:We are also looking for people who are able to offer some of their time to help with
- The management of the trusts and all that’s involved in running it.
- Social Media and it's wonderful crazy world.
- Administration and organisation of the trust.
- Graphic Designers.
- Volunteer on our Boot Dusseldorf Stand - January 19th - 27th 2019
Want to step on board, or get some more info? don’t hesitate to contact us.